Welcome to the website for ACBL Unit 161 in Central Arkansas, part of District 10!
Please stay a while and look around. The website has plentiful information on its own plus links to other websites for more detailed information.
The successful Little Rock NLM tourney was in January. Congratulations to Zada Koen from Conway, Arkansas and Doris Bland from Cabot, Arkansas who topped the masterpoint list with a 1st overall in the Friday afternoon NLM pair game & overall finishes for the Friday morning and Saturday afternoon NLM pair games! Many good performances were turned in by other players: of note, Karen and Gene Nadeau from Hot Springs Village won three of the four 49er pair games & an overall finish in the 4th, their stellar performance included two pair game victories above the 70% mark! Compliments to Nancy Speer, tourney chair; co-chairs Vickey Metrailer & Vicki Scanlon and partnership chair Gail Davis!
The next tourney for our unit is in April as a combined open sectional and NLM regional. The NLM regional provides the opportunity to win gold points for 0-750 non-life masters. Come play bridge in beautiful Hot Springs Village. You learn something every time you play.
Here are the upcoming 2020 Unit 161 tournaments: (Click on Unit Calendar for more information)
- CANCELED UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO COVID-19 HEALTH ADVISORY Spring Fling NLM Regional and Open Sectional, April 3-5, 2020 – Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
- Jerry Fong Memorial Open Sectional, May 28-31, 2020 – Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Tournament of Roses Open Sectional, July 10-12, 2020 – Little Rock Arkansas
- Silver Lode 0-750 Sectional, Aug 7-9, 2020 – Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
- Fall Foliage Open Sectional, Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 – Hot Springs, Arkansas
There will also be sectional tournaments at clubs (STAC) for District 10, providing the ability to win silver points at local clubs. Check with local clubs to verify participation.
- STAC: District 10 with District 7 & U219 in D9, December 16-22, 2019
- STAC: District 10 with District 7 & U219 in D9, February 3-9, 2020
- STAC: District 10, June 8-14, 2020
- STAC: District 10 with District 7 & U219 in D9, December 14-20, 2020
Have fun playing bridge, the best card game, in beautiful Arkansas, The Natural State! Get your brain exercise combined with social interaction, while enjoying the scenery.
Contact me or any Unit 161 board member about bridge items we can help you with or with suggestions you have to improve the bridge scene.
Best Regards, Rich Higgins, Unit 161 President Email: email@example.com Phone: 501-922-1663